Friday, September 2, 2011

LORD IM AMAZED MY YOU...

As I set in my room writing this I get a little lost in the familiar sound of the song and dance of the children and staff just outside my door... Every Friday we gather together to WORSHIP!!! In pure humility it is a BEAUTIFUL time of praise, adoration and submission. One of the sweetest things I've ever witnessed... People coming before the Lord dancing, shouting, singing in whatever capacity they can! Working with special needs children has it difficulties and I think often times we limit what we think these kids can do unintentionally. I say that because I have come to experience a different kind of Worship here on Fridays. The JOY that flows through the atmosphere is contagious! You can't help but acknowledge the awe of God!!! "You dance over me while I am unaware You sing all around but I never hear a sound Lord I'm amazed by you, Lord I'm amazed by you Lord I'm amazed by you, how you love me" I am so thankful for that LOVE, oh how underserving of for it but how amazing that he graces us with it!!! The past three months here have stretched me in ways I wasn't expecting. In my opinion I think special needs children hold a special place in Gods heart. What the world deems as broken I think are sometimes the best vessels to show us how broken we should long to be. These children don't hold back, they don't tell you what you want to here. They don't hide there feelings and act like they have it all together. There not defined by their limitations but by their ability to preserver when the odds are usually against them. I had no idea that 12 years ago when I met a 2 year old little boy with cerebral palsy that God would explode in me a passion for these children of HIS'. I had no idea I would end up falling in love with a country and move here in the hopes of showing people that this group of people deserve and need that same love we all seek. God has huge plans ahead, plans that I often wonder if he chose the right one to carry out. This call is something I never expected I would do but oh is it confirmation that it's exactly what God wants! I am honored to serve him. I am so blessed to be able to take in each and everyone of these children God places before me. My hope is that through this ministry lives will be changed and people will come to know HIM and in return earn to see these children as CHRIST does. PERFECT! BEAUTIFUL! What are you walking toward? What is your LIFE saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment