Thursday, July 7, 2011

Love them like Jesus, carry them to him...

For those that know me I dont get emotional very often but God has a way of turning the hardened hearts into mush and he is working hard on this one well maybe not that hard these days....
This is John he is one of the sweet faces that call Wings of Hope home. John has been a part of the St Joseph's family for two years. John is such as sweet boy but because of the his abusive past he doesn't mingle with others much... John was recently hospitalized, he had a horrible respiratory infection as well as some bowel related issues. Because John wander the streets before he came to Wings, he likes to get in the trash and can be found there if not be watched...
Some the staff members became very concerned with his quick downward spiral so he was taken to the Baptist Mission hospital so he could be better nursed back to the smiling little spit fire we know....
I tell you all that to share with you a very humbling and sweet moment I had on Tuesday night. John had been having a pretty good day, he had starting eating again and seemed to be getting back to himself. It was late in the afternoon and the group of BGM visitors had just left. I was sitting out on the porch and John came up to me and climbed in my lap... I was blown away! John doesn't really do things like that especially unprompted... He spent the next three hours clinging to my neck, cuddling. It was an overwhelming feeling for many reasons...
From the time I felt that God was calling me to come to Haiti I have always said "I want to be a mother to the motherless... I want to be that consistant unconditional love that is there through it all. I want to be there to when they have a bad day or don't feel good and just want to be loved... I want it all the good, the bad and the ugly." Today if only for those few minutes that is what I became for John...
It was a sweet moment to be there but more then that it was a confirmation from the Lord that he has a plan for me and it is exactly that, to Love his children like Jesus and carry them to him...
Thanks for reading guys...Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment